The Technology behind our Service
SecTel.io uses a combination of the newest technologies:
- TLS certificate key lenth: 2048 bit
- SRTP Encryption Cipher: AES with 128-bit key
- ZRTP Hash: SHA-2 256-bit
- ZRTP Key Agreement Protocol: DH3k (Finite Field Diffie-Hellman with 3072-bit Prime)
- Short Authentication String (for in-call Human verification): Base256, Two English Words
- new Opus Codec (optimized for Narrow Band) for SecTel.io internal calls
- Codecs supported for compatibility with other OSTN Networks: iLBC, G.722, Opus WB, GSM-FR
And for compatibility reasons with other OSTN Providers we support these Key Agreement Protocols:
- DH2k (Finite Field Diffie-Hellman with 2048-bit Prime)
- Prsh (Pre Shared Mode)
- Mult (Multi Stream Mode)
- the Base32 (Four Letters and Digits) Short Authentication String
Video Streams are encoded with the brand new VP8 codec and encrypted by SRTP-AES-128 for all SecTel.io internal calls. For compatibility with other video-supporting OSTN networks we have built-in H.264 & H.263 codec support (with SRTP-AES-128 encryption).
Our service does not permit any non-encrypted communication, neither Audio nor Video.
Further explanations are available on request.
Don't hesitate to ask.